I wasn’t happy with the background. I didn’t like the way I was stitching it and I didn’t like the colors. Now was a good time to change this. There is quite a bit of background sky in this embroidery.
So I dyed a new batch of background sky. It looks like wooly wisteria as it drys in the backyard. I dyed the wool in two separate pots hoping for a slight color variation between the two. It might be there but I’m not seeing it yet. Now if I wanted identical colors….!
I’m doing some of the grass hills in chain stitch. I love the texture. I’m stitching directly over some small details. I’ll stitch the details and figures on top of the chain stitches when I’m ready.