Monday, September 28, 2015
Sunday, September 20, 2015
This project began with a drawing.
I transferred the drawing to my embroidery fabric and colored in the design with fabric makers. I stitched the outline/drawing with stem stitch.
After stitching the outline I went back and added more color.
But I'm not done!
I re-sized a photo of the embroidery to fit into one of the casket drawers. I printed out 8 little images on one sheet of photo print glossy paper.
Then I started having fun cutting away segments of the image, layer by layer.
I'm not sure what this technique is called. I think it was very popular in the late 70's.
I used flat wooden toothpicks as spacers glued between layers.
It isn't a tunnel book exactly but just another experiment along those lines.
- ► 2021 (20)
- ► 2020 (52)
- ► 2019 (20)
- ► 2016 (38)
- ▼ 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (49)
- ► 2013 (62)
- ► 2012 (99)
- ► 2011 (29)