As you know I have been sketching and stitching angels.
In the past I have used Transfer-eze, a sticky back, water soluble stabilizer as a way of transferring a pattern to black wool. But the sticky adhesive is just too difficult to stitch through so I tried a different water soluble stabilizer that I have a 50 yard roll of!
Much better. Just basted in place and was able to stitch through both layers easily.
Of course it is always just a little bit late that I realize I should have rinsed the black wool a couple more times to make sure there is no more dye waiting to come out and spoil things when I am done stitching.